Canon PowerShot Elph 170 IS Digital Camera (Silver) with:
- NB-11LH Li-ion Battery
- Battery Charger
- Wrist Strap
Canon PowerShot Elph 170 IS Digital Camera (Silver)
Stylish Ease, Outstanding Performance.
High quality still images and video are practically effortless with the slim and stylish new Canon PowerShot Elph 170 IS Digital Camera. The ideal tool for capturing everything from daily fun to special occasions, it's equipped with a powerful 12x Optical Zoom for maximum versatility, plus Intelligent IS to make images clear and almost shake-free even at high zoom lengths. Sharp, high-resolution imaging is fast and easy thanks to the 20.0 Megapixel sensor and DIGIC 4+ Image Processor.
Beautiful 720p HD video is as simple as pressing a button, while Smart AUTO intelligently selects just the right camera settings based on predefined shooting situations, so all different types of shots come out perfectly. Fun and easy-to-use Scene Modes such as Fisheye add instant creativity to your photography. And the PowerShot ELPH 170 IS camera can easily connect to Canon's optional new Connect Station CS100: the ideal all-in-one solution for storing, managing, sharing and viewing images and video.
12x Optical Zoom:
The PowerShot ELPH 170 IS camera features a 12x Optical Zoom so spectacular shots are within your reach. You'll love the flexibility it gives you when shooting with an amazing range of 25-300mm (35mm equivalent) in a slim, stylish compact camera. Plus, the Wide-Angle lens captures expansive image in every shot, adding depth, perspective and grandeur. Landscapes, city scenes, family shots and more benefit from the extra width. Whether you're shooting wide group shots or zooming to the telephoto end, your images are assured to be bright and clear.
20.0 Megapixel sensor:
Preserve all those special moments from weddings to vacations in stunning quality with the PowerShot ELPH 170 IS camera. The camera is equipped with a 20.0 Megapixel* sensor to help ensure that images are incredibly clear and beautifully detailed. The high level of resolution gives you the flexibility to be more creative with your shots: crop and enlarge any part of an image - you can be confident that the detail and resolution you need are there, even when you want to print and frame your photos.
DIGIC 4+ Image Processor:
The PowerShot ELPH 170 IS camera's DIGIC 4+ Image Processor features accelerated processing speed to create fast, responsive performance, giving you a shooting experience that's easy and natural. The DIGIC 4+ Image Processor also enhances image quality in several ways. Processing of high ISO shots has been shortened by 60% compared to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor. This significantly reduces noise for brilliant color, smooth gradations, and beautiful detail even in low light. The processor also allows for the integration of electronic Dynamic IS. This advanced system compensates for multiple motion types, effectively preventing angular blur, shift blur, and blur caused by parallel movement and tilt shift. The result is images that are reliably sharp and clear at all lengths of the camera's powerful 12x Optical Zoom. The processor's highly efficient design also extends battery life.
720p HD video:
Using the slim PowerShot ELPH 170 IS camera, you can shoot high definition video anytime, anywhere. With a simple push of the dedicated movie button, you'll be able to instantly record every moment in motion. 720p HD video is smooth, vivid, and beautifully lifelike, making it an ideal way to capture special memories.
Getting that great shot is as simple as pressing the shutter button on the PowerShot ELPH 170 IS camera with Smart AUTO, which automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. On the PowerShot ELPH 170 IS, detected scenes are analyzed using 32 predefined shooting situations. The camera then makes optimal settings to help ensure the best possible image capture, whether you're shooting stills or video. Smart AUTO also includes Advanced Subject Detection, which allows the camera to detect and track non-human moving subjects like animals and vehicles. With Smart AUTO, all you have to do is frame your shot and capture away.
The PowerShot ELPH 170 IS camera provides shooting modes that easily give your shots a distinctly artistic feel without the need for any extra lenses and filters. You can make a quirky portrait using the Fisheye Effect or add a beautiful single-tone effect with Monochrome. Toy Camera Effect simulates a vintage look as if capturing the photo using a "toy" or pinhole camera.
- Smart AUTO - The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
- Program - The camera automatically and intelligently selects the aperture/shutter speed combination based on the shooting conditions.
- Live View Control - Enables Brightness, Color, and Tone adjustments to your images using easy-to-understand controls.
- Portrait - Brings the subject into focus while beautifully blurring the background.
- Face Self-timer - The camera waits for a face to enter the frame before releasing the shutter.
- Low Light - For high quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly lit situations.
- Fisheye Effect - Now you can get the fisheye effect - a classic photographic distortion - without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect - Give images a miniature look with an effect that emphasizes perspective by blurring the top and bottom of the image.
- Toy Camera Effect - Simulates photos taken with "toy" or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Monochrome - Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue.
- Super Vivid - Super Vivid intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect - Poster Effect combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Snow - Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Fireworks - Create brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Long Shutter - Use to blur moving subjects for artistic effect, ideal for urban night photography.
- Movie - Record video; unwanted scenes can be deleted in playback mode.
||Live View Control
|Toy Camera Effect
Compatibility with Canon Connect Station CS100:
The PowerShot ELPH 170 IS camera connects via a simple USB cable to Canon's brand new photo and video storage device: the Canon Connect Station CS100. The Connect Station CS100 makes it easy to store (with up to 1 TB of hard drive space with the capacity for approximately 150,000 photos or up to 70 hours of video content), manage and sort images and videos by albums, date or device name with simple menus. From there, images and videos can be viewed on an HDTV via HDMI cable, sent to compatible wireless printers, viewed/uploaded/downloaded smartphones and tablets or PCs, and shared with other Canon Connect Stations and social networking sites.
The PowerShot ELPH 170 IS camera features ECO Mode to provide more shots per single charge through LCD monitor and camera power management. The mode can be activated via a dedicated button for easy power preservation when an outlet is unavailable or the moment is too exciting to put the camera down. ECO Mode quickly wakes the camera from sleep when a button is pressed so you won't miss the moment. When the fun with family and friends runs late into the evening, ECO Mode makes sure your camera keeps up.
The PowerShot ELPH 170 IS camera is designed to be fun and easy to use, even for beginners. A Help Button on the camera's exterior brings up the help menu any time you need it, right on the LCD screen. From here, you can scroll through a variety of topics that answer your questions with clear explanations, offer helpful shooting advice, and show you diagrams highlighting the position of any buttons you'll need.