Sony has announced the upcoming release of its highest-resolution full-frame camera ever, the Alpha A7R IV. With a new, 61-megapixel back-illuminated image sensor, up to 15-stop dynamic range, 567 phase-detect AF points, the latest Real-Time AF functionality, plus much more, it’s the mirrorless camera of choice for professionals who require detail and image quality above all else.
Key features of the new A7R IV include:
- 35mm full-frame 61.0 MP back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor
- Latest-generation BIONZ X image processor
- 15-stop dynamic range at low sensitivities
- High-speed continuous shooting at up to 10 fps with full AF / AE tracking for approximately seven seconds in full-frame mode
- 567 focal-plane phase-detection AF points covering 74% of image area and 425 contrast AF points
- Real-time Eye AF for movie recording and advanced Real-time Tracking plus Real-time Eye AF for still image recording
- APS-C crop mode delivering stunning high resolution images of 26.2 MP
- 5.76 million dot UXGA (Ultra-XGA) OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder
- High-speed Wi-Fi support, wireless PC remote connectivity, FTP wireless transfer, faster data transfer via USB and more
- Pro 4K movie recording with full pixel readout with no pixel binning in Super 35mm mode, S-Log3, HDR workflow support
- Improved grip and button layout for improved control with compact, lightweight body
The Sony Alpha A7R IV will be available in September 2019 for approx. $3,500. Learn more and pre-order yours today at Cameta Camera!