Sony has just announced its latest RX series camera, the compact, powerful RX100 VII. Technically the 8th incarnation of the RX100 line (due to the V and VA variants), this camera offers incredibly fast autofocus capability that rivals even Sony’s own high-end mirrorless models.
Key features of the RX100 VII include:
- Newly developed 1.0-type stacked 20.1 MP Exmor RS CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and latest generation BIONZ X image processor
- Alpha 9 level speed performance with up to 60 AF/AE calculations per second and 20fps blackout-free shooting with AF/AE tracking
- World leading 357-point focal-plane phase-detection AF + 425-point contrast-detection AF with world’s fastestv 0.02 sec focus acquisition speed
- Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF for humans and animals
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8 – F4.5 Large Aperture High Magnification Zoom Lens
- New Single Burst Shooting Drive Mode at up to 90fps speed
- Pro-level movie functionality including 4K HDR (HLG), Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF for movie shooting, 4K Active SteadyShot, Vertical-position data recording for movies and integrated microphone jack
The Sony RX100 VII will be available in August 2019 for approx. $1,200.