Nikon has announced the upcoming release of a new, lightweight portrait lens for the Z mirrorless system, the 85mm f/1.8 S. With impressive edge-to-edge sharpness, dust-and-water resistance and smooth bokeh, this lens nicely complements the 35mm and 50mm 1.8 primes already available for Z shooters.
Key Features of the Nikon Z 85mm f/1.8 S:
- Extreme sharpness and resolution captures the subtlety and nuances of facial expressions and the emotions they convey.
- Compatible with Nikon’s Eye-Detection AF
- 9-blade rounded aperture for beautifully blurred backgrounds
- Quiet autofocus and smooth aperture control
- Customizable control ring
- 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements to correct chromatic aberrations
- Nano Crystal Coat (N) virtually eliminates flare, ghosting and coma
- All-new multi-focusing system
- Dust and Drip Resistant
The Z 85mm f1.8 S will be available in September 2019 for approximately $799.95, and we’ll have it (of course) right here at Cameta Camera!